Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 17

3 miles today.  I'm starting to learn that on the days I run longer miles I need to bring something with me to eat for after the run .  I keep making the mistake of eating before hand, and it's no good.  I had a pretty good run today.  I ran at a 6.5 without stopping, but I was not feeling good the entire time I was running.  I had a banana and peanut butter for breakfast, and it kept wanting to come up.  Sorry to be so graphic, but that's no good.  When I run shorter distance, I have no problems at all, but for some reason the longer miles I feel sick.  I think I'm going to have to experiment with those nasty gel packs when we really get to the big miles.   Today was a rushed day.  I had a voice lesson at 10, and with getting the kids out to school, and Erik going out of town, I feel rushed.  I did it though, and I felt good after.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great, Jen. Even with a hectic schedule, and especially with your husband out of town, just getting in your workout is good. I have read that a lot of people like oatmeal before their run, and with the 3-5 mile runs, maybe you should give it a try. There are healthy, low-cal instant ones that you could just heat up and go. It might stay down better, but being a bit higher in fiber, might not work for really long runs. I don't know, but you're right - just keep experimenting. I definitely think we'll be relying on those gels when we get to the longer runs. All the stories I've been reading are telling me that without those (or something like it), and HEED, you can't make it past "the wall". I have been having a hard time coming up with a diet for the rest of my day (post-workout) that sustains my energy without consuming too many calories. Having increased my weight training from what I'd been doing before, I go back and forth from being hungrier, to feeling wiped out physically. I'm experimenting, too! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete