Thursday, April 29, 2010

Week 10

This week started off with a gusto.  Due to time constrains I had to put my run in on the treadmill.  It was effective, but not compared to going outside where there is better training.  Though I recently read an article of a runner who won a marathon training entirely on a treadmill.  That will not be me, that's for sure.
Tuesday, I was able to catch a good run, and then head to a spin class.  Wednesday, I ran 4 miles with our local running group.  I felt really great, and was amazed that I could keep up (somewhat)  toward the end, I got pretty slow, but I made it.  We walked for about 10 mins after the run.
Thursday:  I woke up this morning pretty sick.  I've got some nasty chest thing, I feel like crap (can I say that?), so no running today.  I hate it when our body gets the better of us.  Not sure if I will be running the rest of this week or not.  I may go into the doc tomorrow.  Until next week.  Priscilla you are truly an inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. You're doing awesome, Jen! Try not to get caught up in comparisons, you know what's best for your body, and I have no doubt you'll be ready when the time comes. I have a tendency to do the same thing (compare myself with you and others), and I feel like I'm coming from behind on this whole thing and I'm trying to catch up, since you've had more experience than me with running and racing, etc. Just keep doing what feels right, and try to stick to the schedule as closely as possible, but obviously there will be variations and changes. (Chris tells me I'm "cheating" if I don't do exactly what the schedule says. But somedays I feel I have a little extra in me and other days I can just barely do the minimum, so I go with what feels right, being careful not to overtrain.) That's why I love doing those DVD's in conjunction with the running. The exercises in those make me feel like I'm building strength and flexibility, without doing too much running during these early weeks of training. I am jealous (not in a bad way) that you can go to the gym and take advantage of spin classes, etc. Variety helps keep it fun and challenging. You rock! Keep it up and I'll look forward to your next post. (Incidently, I've sort of become addicted to the blogging, as well as the running! ;)) Oh, and I'm sick too! It started with a sore throat a couple of days ago, and today I'm all stuffed up and "crappy"! It cracks me up that we keep having all these coincidences during our training; see, we really are in sync! ;)

    ReplyDelete