Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mom in Training - Day 9

It's official! I have decided to train for the Rim Rock marathon this coming November. Truth be told I am scared to death! I have never trained for a marathon before, and let's face it, 26.2 miles is a loooong way to run! When I last ran a half marathon, I could not imagine running another 13 miles, who would be that crazy? Well, it looks like I am.
What's motivates me even more, is that my good friend Priscilla is training for this with me. I'm not sure how effective my training would be if I didn't have a partner in this.
Slow & Steady wins the race, so we have found a training program that starts slow, and gradually builds. Avoiding injury, and making it to the end of the race is the key.

I am excited for this adventure, and so glad I have 9 months to train for this.
I'm starting this entry with Day 9. I have been following the training schedule, but don't have time to go through the other 8 days, but from here on out I will keep a faithful record. Here goes.

Day 9 - Cold & Windy outside, so it's off to the gym & treadmill for me. This can pretty much be expected until it warms up a little. I am a cold weather wimp. 3 miles, felt really good today. I went to a spin class after. That's probably too much, but I do like spinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment