Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 14

2 weeks down 28 to go!  Today I went to the gym with my husband.  I did the elliptical for about 40 min., then I got on the treadmill and walked at an incline for about 20 while my husband ran.  No lifting today.  After we finished our workout we attended a nutrition class held at the gym.  The class was interesting, but having a minor in nutrition I was prepared to disagree on certain nutrition issues (only because it was a body building coach providing the class).  Surprisingly, I agreed on most of what was said, except for the fact that she didn't think drinking freshly squeezed orange juice in the morning was a good idea.  After I expressed my opinion on the subject, no more was said about drinking freshly squeezed fruit juices.  Who ever heard of fresh fruit squeezed from it's pure form to be bad for you.  Really?!

I feel so blessed to have this opportunity to train for this marathon with a good friend I had the opportunity of doing missionary work with.  Hang in there my friend!

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great, Jen! A question about the way you're doing your training schedule, though: Since there were 39 weeks from the week we started until the marathon, I've been repeating the first week's schedule, this week will be my third repeat of week 1, then I will move on to week 2 and do it 3 times also. The same for weeks 10 and 13. Otherwise you will finish the training schedule too soon and your tapered runs at the end, the few weeks leading up to the race, will be off. How are you going to do your schedule to compensate for that? I'm just asking because I want to stick to similar training patterns. Obviously, they don't have to be exact, but I think it would be great if we match up our long runs so that we'll be doing those on the same weeks; we'll probably be needing the moral support from each other!

    ReplyDelete