Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 11

Well, I woke up yesterday morning & it was snowing.  Ugh, I'm really sick of winter right now.  I'm ready for warmth!  So, I headed to the gym and the treadmill.  It was my 3 mile day.  I didn't feel so good working out this time, right away I got bad side cramps, and had to slow down.  I did the walk/run thing until my side aches went away.  I'm blaming it on the grape-nuts I had for breakfast, that was not a smart thing to do, and I don't think I will be doing that again an hour before I work out.  I'll stick with my banana & peanut butter.  So, I finished at any rate, though it didn't feel very effective to me.  Then, I went to spin class, which was actually a little bit easier than the running was for me for some reason.
I'm trying to be very careful not to over train.  Today, I'm running 1.5 miles, but I'm not going to do anything else after.  I will call it good, and post about today's run a little later.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this stuff! Let's both pray for warmth! :) Good job on getting through your workouts. Sounds like you enjoy spin class. I've never done spinning, but I know a lot of women find it to be a great way to work out. I bet that the Grape Nuts are too high in fiber, which probably contributed to your side cramps. I always do a banana and peanut butter, also, but on a piece of toast, otherwise I start to get hungry during my workouts.
    Hey, we have a lot of the same songs that we run to! Have a great weekend! Keep posting, I like keeping in sync with you.

    ReplyDelete